Updated pics from my TT after losing 100 lbs. :)
6 month post TT scar progress.
So you can clearly see on my right side (picture’s left) the scarring is a lot thicker and darker and that’s from the hematoma. They had to reopen my entire right side a mere week after my tummy tuck because a ghastly sneeze caused a bit of internal bleeding. Womp womp.
So my doc prescribed me a bleaching cream to lighten the scar so we’ll see how that works.
Otherwise he said everything looks great!
“Are you concerned about getting pregnant after your tummy tuck? (I'm just assuming you want children because of your warm personality)”
I’m concerned, but not really.
Of course that’s not to say that it won’t be on the back of my mind constantly when I do in fact get pregnant.
The way I see it (and according to my doctor) as long as I’m healthy and active I can avoid undoing the doc’s hard work. I’m sure a slight loosening of my tightened abdominal muscles is bound to happen, but I’m completely okay with it.
So yes, I do want kids and no, I won’t let my TT get in the way!
:) yay warm personality!
I’m at my 6 month post op appointment.
After pictures will be taken!
Even though I weight the same I feel bigger! Ugh bloat.
My belly button scar is starting to keloid.
I AM NOT HAPPY.
Any tips to lessen this? I’m using bio oil, neosporin, coconut butter, and silicon scar strips…
One month post op
I forgot to tell you I just celebrated one month post op!
I saw my doc on Thursday and he said everything looked great. I can start exercising, sleeping how I want and be sans girdle in three weeks if I want to!
Of course I’ll ease back into working out and I’ll probably feel a bit more secure with my compression garment on. But, you better believe I’m going to sleep whatever damn way I want to in three weeks! :)
Day 18 Post Op - BEST DAY BY FAR
- Drains out! It felt so weird when they pulled them out. I didn’t realize how far up the drains went. It didn’t hurt, but it felt mighty awkward.
- I graduated from my compression belt and into Spanx! I have to wear this baby for the next month or so (I think). It has to cover my drain area and hips so I bought this cute boyshort onesie from Tar-jay equipped with crotch buttons and all!
- I tried on a bikini and it was - wait did you read that right? YES YOU DID - a bikini, my friends. An itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot effing bikini, well minus the yellow polka dots. Okay I’m kind of lying - I tried on boy shorts and a bikini top, but it SO counts. Proof:
- I bought the bottoms and two tops and I need your opinions as to which one I should keep (or both!)
- I got two new bras from Victoria’s Secret for $49 and they gave me $10 off and a free pair of panties, plus I had a gift card from Christmas so needless to say, win!
Anyways enough pictures of my body, I’m sure you guys are sick of it. Today was a very long day and my belly is telling me to go to bed and relax!
Note to self: I re-he-he-eally have to work on my legs once I get back in the gym.
Lumpy & frumpy with a shirt on!
Finally feeling less tree trunk today!
Day 16 Post Op
Drains are annoying.
Two more days. Two more days. Two more days. Two more days. Two more days. Two more days.
Day 14 Post Op! The “you can finally see my waist” edition!
I’m looking less and less like a tree trunk every day. At least I’m a schmexy tree trunk.